5.07.2012

We applied for section 8, which is government help with paying for a place to live. We already applied for public housing but they have no flats, and no apartments with bathrooms on the 1st floor. They really couldn't do anything else to help us. They said we should apply for section 8 and see if we could find a place without stairs on our own. They way it works is they give us an allowance for rent and possibly also utilities. We go find a place that we can afford with their help and they pay them every month. This is our last option. We have asked and begged and done everything I know how to find a place. They said two weeks, so it shouldn't take more than two weeks to find out if we are staying or heading some where else. I am so worried that we are going to have to go back to Auburn. It would tear me apart to leave Pooh. This has been the best two months of my past year. Even Fiddler on the Roof doesn't stack up to seeing my daughter 5days out of the week. I would live in my car to stay close to Pooh but I can't let Rabbit go thru that. She needs her own room. She needs stability. She needs the best just like Pooh has.

I have been having some serious emotional swings. I have started becoming depressed from stress. I feel like our lives are out of control and we can't do anything to fix it. We are having to put everything into others hands and hope that they can help. Even going to Church hasn't helped calm me down. Usually I can go to RSUM then I am all better. We went to First United Methodist of Jasper. It was beautiful but I didn't feel the connection. We are going to go again next Sunday. Going to try for their 8:30am service, they say it is more upbeat. Less traditional. Maybe that will help me. If not I am not sure what I am going to do. I hate Prozac. I haven't taken it in YEARS.

Starting to pay for my lupus/fibro/chronic disease fog. I have lost two phones in two months. I can't seem to keep up with them. Lucky for us we had someone donate a new phone. All we have to pay for is the monthly card, which would be normal cost for us. I have never realized how bad the fog really affects me. I've been getting migraines recently. I wonder if it is related to the fog/lupus involvement. I need to go to my Rheumy. She wants me to come in for my 6mintue walk before we up my dose on the medicine I take thru the pump. On a very bright note the site pain is much better.

Alrighty off to help with bath time and then maybe a game.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    I am so sorry to hear all you are going through. This system we live in really stinks. Pray to our heavenly father he will help you. psalms 55:22 says throw your burden on Jehovah never will he allow the righteous one to totter. Philippians 4:6 & 7 says never be anxious over anything but by prayer and supplications let your petions be made known to God and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your heart and mental powers. I also have lupus and fibro and that is the only way I have been able to deal with my issues.

    ReplyDelete