8.13.2011

20G

If you are a chronically sick person you may have some idea what 20G means. I went to the ER on Thursday. They needed to get a 20G IV started so they could run a very important test to make sure I didn't have a blood clot in my lungs. They tried 13times to get on started. They even brought in a sonar machine to get look at deeper ones, which still didn't work. Ended up not being able to do the test. They had other tests that can do about the same thing. So... all that to know that I have HUGE bruises all over my arms. I look like someone beat the crap out of me or that I could possible a junkie.
Having chest pain is so much more complicated. It can't just have pain. Now I have visits to the ER, with lots of poking and more pain. It's really scary to have pain now, it could be something really really dangerous. Like I was told by the ER dr, we have to work you up like an old person, and consider everything. "With your history....". At 28 I have a history, yippie. Now every pain is a 10hour adventure at the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.8.11

    hi.just to let you know if you happen to do facebook..I have a fb lupus support group..lots of members talking daily ..tons of support and understanding and encouragement..if you ever want to swing over and check us out here is the link to my group.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/126936550682267/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18.8.11

    I'm 28, too, and also suffer from SLE. I've been in and out of the hospital more times than I can recall in the last two years and know that sooner or later I'll have to go back. It sucks, but it helps to know that there are others out there who understand. Thanks for blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete